Sydney woman discovers grisly reason for cheap rent on Natalie Jean Wood’s former home – World News

Sydney woman discovers grisly reason for cheap rent on Natalie Jean Wood’s former home

A Sydney student avoided visiting a “haunted” property after applying to rent the townhouse where a woman lay dead for eight years.

A Sydney student avoided visiting a “haunted” property in the inner city when she applied to rent a townhouse where a woman lay dead for eight years, before her body was found.

The young woman, posting under the handle @emdeebs, shared Near Miss on TikTok, explaining that she was looking for a place to rent near the CBD and was impressed that the newly renovated Surry Hills property for only $900 a week was available.

“Why are there only houses I can haunt?” She captioned the clip.

She explained that she applied for the townhouse because it had three bedrooms and was “super renovated.”

“All the bedrooms were a good size. The living and kitchen areas were nice and I was like ‘sweet,'” she said.

But a quick Google of the address – and a click on “new tab” – brought a whole new meaning to the property’s low price.

“I learned that a woman died in the house and died for eight years before they found her,” she said.

“So I guess I’m going to delete my application.”

The house, at 139 Kippax Street, is the former residence of Natalie Jean Wood, Known as “The Lady Sydney Forgot”,

Police found Ms. Wood’s remains on her bedroom floor in July 2011, at an unknown date in February 2004, eight years after her death.

NSW State Coroner Michael Barnes ruled in 2014 that, while the cause and manner of her death could not be determined, it was likely that she had collapsed in her home and died “after a relatively short period of time because she could not rise.” could or could not call for help”.

Thought to be a “little recluse”, according to her sister-in-law Enid Davis, Ms. Wood would not open the door of her house without a conspicuous knock.

Her body was found on July 5, 2011, when Ms. Davis arranged for her attorney to go home with a key to return some of Ms. Wood’s property.

Police accompanied the man, and discovered the skeletal remains of Ms. Wood – her pink dentures resting on her jaw.

Detective Senior Constable Andrew Wells, the police officer in charge of investigating Ms Wood’s death, described how a layer of dust covered Ms Wood’s home.

The floor of his house was covered with dust and leaves.

After that The “completely deserted” roof was later sold in 2016., for $1,105,000.

On TikTok, some viewers claimed that they even rented the house, declaring that it was not haunted while they were there.

“I lived here two years ago and I got his room. Never heard from him so it’s safe,” wrote one.

“I went inside and after five days my family members told me. We didn’t stay very long,” added another.

Read related topics:Sydney

Source link

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *